Over the last 100 years, UT Extension has helped Tennesseans solve problems and implement changing technologies to improve the quality of life in all ninety-five counties. As we celebrated this rich heritage and looked back on our accomplishments, it seemed an appropriate time to take an active role in planning our future.
The Strategic Planning Committee conducted listening sessions, surveys, and targeted interviews across the state with employees and stakeholders. Using this input, a comprehensive working plan has been developed to strategically position Tennessee Extension for the next five years.
UT Extension’s mission is to help Tennesseans improve their quality of life and solve problems through the application of research and evidence-based knowledge about agriculture and natural resources, family and consumer sciences, 4-H youth development, and community development.
UT Extension is the premier educational organization for all Tennesseans. Extension increases economic prosperity, improves environmental sustainability, and enhances well-being in rural and urban communities.
Strategic Plan Goals
- GOAL: Demonstrate the value of Tennessee Extension to enhance resources.
- GOAL: Foster greater engagement of diverse communities across Tennessee.
- GOAL: Expand and strengthen Tennessee Extension volunteerism.
- GOAL: Cultivate a workplace where employees thrive.
- GOAL: Embrace the use of technology and innovation to meet the evolving needs of Tennessee Extension.
The teams will create the blueprint for implementing each of the strategic plan goals.